Sunday, March 1, 2009

Calling it Quits - Not Just Yet!

Give up? Never!
Occasionally giving up sounds appealing. Especially when you have been struggling, making limited progress and start to question your abilities. When you reach high levels of frustration - giving-up becomes tempting.

Afterall, that is the easy way out. No more struggling, no more being in awakward situations, no more uncertainty, no more unknowns. You can sneak back to the comfort zone. Screw the dreams, ambitions and desire to excel, create and succeed.

As my struggles to succeed continue so does this self-conflict. Should I persist or throw in the towel? A bad day can really push you towards the unthinkable and I have come close to calling it quits. But I have not quit. Not as yet.

No - it is not easy to succeed. And no - it is not impossible either. Human capacity and potential is unlimited and I have faith in my abilities to pull it off. Not today, not tomorrow but someday. Life is short and opportunities unlimited. I can persist, hang in there and make it happen or take the easy way out and quit.

In some sense, when I am trying and struggling I feel more alive. Granted there are bad days but there is also days when it all starts to come together. I am doing what I can do - and that is trying - again and again! I may fail or struggle but I have no regrets. No regrets because I am giving it a shot. And at the end of day that is what keeps me going.


"Persistence isn't using the same tactics over and over. That's just annoying.
Persistence is having the same goal over and over."
Seth Godin

If you enjoyed this post, consider subscribing to a full RSS feed or get regular updates via email.

No comments: